As you may have noticed, I’m a big fan of raspberries. They are sweet, but still have some bitterness to them. Thus, perfect for baking. Here are some raspberry cupcakes, before it´s time to really get into the festive season.
175 g (6,2 oz) softened butter
150 g (5,5 oz) sugar
250 g (8,5 oz) plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar
200 g (7 oz) frozen raspberries
0,5 dl (1/4 cup) milk
125 g (4,4 oz) softened butter
250 g (8,5 oz) powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla sugar
juice from 1/2 lemon
1-2 tbsp milk
red food colour
Licorice marshmallows, fresh or dried raspberries, sprinkles, white chocolate…
How to do it
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 390ºF.
- Beat together the butter with the sugar in a large bowl. I use a stand mixer, but you may just as well use an electric hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one by one.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- Slowly add the mixed dry ingredients to the mixture.
- Add the frozen raspberries to the mixture.
- Add the milk to the mixture until you have a smooth batter.
- With a couple of spoons, transfer the batter to cupcake liners in a cupcake form, or into cupcake “cups”.
- Bake the cupcakes in the middle of the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until a skewer put in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven, and let them cool down on a cooling rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the powdered sugar and vanilla sugar until smooth. Use a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer.
- Slowly add the lemon juice and then the milk, and mix until you have smooth mixture. Keep an eye on the mixture, so that it doesn’t get too fluid.
- Add some red food color to make the buttercream pink.
- When the cupcakes have cooled down, cover them with the buttercream using a cake piping tool, a knife or a spatula.
I have decorated the cupcakes with some licorice marshmallows from The Mallows, but you may just as well Decorate the cupcakes with berries (fresh or dried), white chocolate, sprinkles…
2 thoughts on “Raspberry Cupcakes”
It looks so good 😍
LikeLiked by 1 person