Sunday breakfast, dessert or just in the mood for something sweet, yet good for you. Try out these banana pancakes!
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
How to do it
- In a bowl, mash the banana.
- Add the egg, and mix well.
- Add cardamom and cinnamon to the batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Transfer about 1/2 – 3/4 dl (1/4 cup) batter into the frying pan. (These pancakes are not as easy turn around as regular pancakes, so make small pancakes.)
- When the surface is dry, turn the pancake and fry it on the other side until it has a golden surface.
Serve the pancakes with some fresh fruit, berries, ice cream or whatever you like!
Let’s face it. Sometimes the result doesn’t end up to be what we expected or intended. One time when I was going to make nut crust, my oven broke down just as I was about to put the nut crust in the oven. So I stood there, with a mix of egg whites, finely chopped almonds and sugar. But it´s not what you get, but how you take it, right? So I used the failed nut crust to make pancakes instead. And here’s my recipe for nutty pancakes without having to make the nut crust first.
Ingredients (about 6 small pancakes)
1 tbsp sugar
1 dl (almost 1/2 cup) plain flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
2 dl (almost 1 cup) milk
50 gram (1,8 oz) finely chopped almonds
Butter for the frying pan
Cottage cheese, chopped fruit, roasted almonds, fresh berries, ice cream, jam…
How to do it
- Beat the eggs together with the sugar.
- In a different bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add the dry ingredients and the milk to the mix of egg and sugar, and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the finely chopped almonds.
- Heat up a small frying pan with some butter, and transfer about one soup ladle of batter into the frying pan (the batter should cover the bottom of the frying pan, but not more than that).
- Turn the pancake when the top of the pancake is “dry”.
- The pancake is finished when the both sides has a nice golden brown surface.
- Repeat until you don’t have anymore batter.
- Enjoy the pancakes with whatever you like. This time I made mine with some cottage cheese, persimmon, pomegranate and roasted almonds.
If you want an even healthier choice, skip the sugar and replace some of the flour with oatmeal.