For those of you who love football/soccer and cake, this cake is for you!
3 dl (1 1/4 cup) sugar
225 g (7,9 oz) butter (melted)
6 dl (2 1/4 cup) plain flour
3 tbsp cocoa
3 tsp baking powder
3 tsp vanilla sugar
2, 25 dl (1 cup) milk
Green cream cheese buttercream
150 g (5,3 oz) butter (room temperature)
100 g (3,5 oz) cream cheese
300 g (10,5 oz) powdered sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
Green food color
Green sprinkles (see tip below)
White sugar fondant or white writing icing
Football set with players and goals (see tip below)
How to do it
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 390ºF. Line a roasting tray, size 30×38 cm (12×15 in) to 35×43 cm (14×17 in), with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and let it cool down a bit.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with sugar for a few minutes until you have a thick and fluffy mixture. I use a stand mixer with a whisk, but you may also use an electric hand mixer.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- Slowly add the mixed dry ingredients and the milk to the mixture, and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to the roasting tray.
- Bake the cake in the bottom of the oven for 15 minutes, or until a skewer put in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Green Cream Cheese Buttercream
- Beat the butter until soft.
- Mix in the cream cheese.
- Carefully add the powdered sugar, and mix until you a smooth mix.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Carefully mix in green food color until you have the preferred color.
- When the cake has cooled down completely, cover the cake with the green cream cheese buttercream.
- Cover the buttercream with green sprinkles.
- Make white lines out of white fondant. (You may also use white writing icing.)
- Decorate the cake with goals and players.
Enjoy the game!
I used the Dr. Oetker Football Kit (which contains green sprinkles, edible football decorations and white writing icing) and the Cacas Football Set (which contains players and goals). #notsponsored