Halloween is coming up, but that also means that it´s soon time for a good colleague of mine to move to Switzerland. So in honour of my colleague, I will treat you with my Toblerone Cupcakes, dressed up as cupcats for Halloween. This recipe will give you 50-60 small cupcakes.
135 gram (4,8 oz) melted Toblerone (original or dark)
150 gram (5,3 oz) softened butter
100 gram (3,5 oz) sugar
250 gram (8,8 oz) plain flour
1 tbsp cocoa
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tsp baking powder
0,75 dl (1/3 cup) milk
Toblerone buttercream frosting
70 gram (2,5 oz) softened butter
90 gram (3,2 oz) melted Toblerone (original or dark)
2 tsp vanilla sugar
100 gram (3,5 oz) powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
Small Toblerone, sprinkles, raspberries, chopped roasted almonds.
How to do it
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 390ºF.
- Melt the Toblerone chocolate.
- Beat together the butter with the sugar in a large bowl. I use a stand mixer, but you may just as well use an electric hand mixer.
- Add the melted Toblerone.
- Add the eggs, one by one.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- Slowly add the mixed dry ingredients to the mixture.
- Add the milk to the mixture until you have a smooth batter.
- With a couple of spoons, transfer the batter to small cupcake liners in cupcake form.
- Bake the cupcakes in the middle of the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until a skewer put in the centre of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven and the cupcake form, and let them cool down on a grid.
- For the buttercream frosting, beat the butter and then add the melted Toblerone.
- Use a stand mixer with a whisk or an electric hand mixer. Slowly add the vanilla sugar and the powdered sugar. Then add the milk, and mix until smooth.
- When the cupcakes have cooled down, cover them with the buttercream using a cake piping tool, a knife or a spatula.
- I have decorated the cupcakes with pieces of small Toblerone (original, dark and white) and orange/gold pearl sprinkles, but why not try with raspberries (fresh or dry) or chopped and roasted almonds.
Happy Halloween and Au Revoir to my colleague!
PS: I´m not sponsored, I just love Toblerone…